Set Asides and Restoration of Civil Rights

Under Arizona law, a person who has been convicted of a criminal offense may apply to the court to have the judgment set aside. If a court grants the request to set aside the judgment, the record will reflect that the conviction has been set aside or vacated, and that an order of dismissal was entered. However, Arizona law does not require that the conviction be removed or expunged from the person’s criminal record.

Under Arizona law, a felony conviction will result in the suspension of some of the person’s civil rights. These rights include the right to possess firearms, the right to vote, the right to hold public office, and the right to serve on a jury. A person may apply to the court to have all or some of his civil rights restored if specific conditions have been met.

At Fountain Hills Law Firm, our experienced criminal defense legal team can assist you in preparing a request to set aside a conviction for a criminal offense, and also in restoring your civil rights.

If you need legal assistance in setting aside a criminal conviction or in restoring your civil rights, a criminal defense lawyer is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you with your legal matter.

To schedule a free consultation with a criminal defense attorney at Fountain Hills Law Firm, please call us at 480.345.2993 or fill out our online contact form.